Rajsthani Laal Maas Dish – There aren’t many Rajasthani dishes that are meat based and hence the Rajasthani Laal Maas came as complete surprise to me. It is prepared using mutton which is slow cooked on low flames with red chilli paste and other spices. It was fiery, delicious and pungent to taste and went very well with Rotis.
In this blog, I will be sharing a recipe that is quite close to my heart and it is so simple that very a kid can make it. It has been one of my all-time favourite snacks. I taking about muri mixture also known as Murmura mixture or kurmura mixture.
Kurmura Mixture Dish | Image Resource : archanaskitchen.com
This was the first dish that my mom taught me. I eventually became very really good at make it. I made it for my friends, family and even for my teachers. I still remember my friends calling my the “kurmura expert” which I am.
The best about this dish is that it is cheap, you can create it any time any where, you don’t have to cook it, It is really tasty and it is not a junk food. This is a perfect tea snack for guys. You don’t even need a kitchen for this dish. You can practically make it by sitting on your sofa and watching your favourite sports game. To create a muri mixture you just need basic mixture that will be most probably present in your kitchen(If you have one).
– Kurmura a.k.a Puffed rice : 2 cups.
– Lime juice : Half a Lemon.
– Roasted Peanuts : 2-3 tbsp.
– Finely chopped Coriander : 2 tbsps.
– Peanuts : 2 tbsps (Optional).
– Red Chilli Powder : Half a tsp.
– 1 Finely chopped Onion.
– 1 Finely chopped Tomato.
– 1 Grated or finely chopped Carrot.
– Raw Grated mango slice.
– Any sort of khara mixture.
– Chat Masala : 1 tsp(Optional).
– Salt to taste.
Method of preparation :
-Take the roasted Peanuts along with finely chopped Coriander,Onion,Tomato,Carrot in the bowl.
– Mix the ingredients well and create a mixture.
– Add chilli powder, salt and lemon juice to the bowl of mixture.
– While adding lemon juice constantly check the taste to get the desired effect.
– Do not make it sour
– Add murmura to the mixture.
– At last add chat masala to it and mix it well.
Murmura Mixture | Image Resource : raindropsbasmatirice.wordpress.com
Your murmura mixture is ready to serve… Enjoy.
Dal Baati Churma : This beautiful restaurant is in the wonderful city of Jaipur in Rajasthan. The service is fast and efficient whist the food is commendable in more ways than just one. If you are out with your family and kids, this place is a good stop over while you are having a long travel day. Though the spice level is high, the tears are worth it!
Gatte Ki Sabzi : This dish is technically a Rajasthani favourite. People all over the desert state cook this flavour infused dish. A lot of dry spices are used to make this dish and this is paired well with steamed rice as well as puris. It is always garnished with coriander and served hot! Make sure you try this.
In this blog, I’m going to share with you my Dad’s “Kolhapuri Tambda Rassa” Recipe.
You require 15 minutes for preparation and 45 minutes for cooking. Let me assure it is worth all your hard work.
– 1 Kilo of Mutton,
– Red Chilly Powder (1 Tbsp)
– Oil (1 Cup)
– Two Tomatoes
– 3 Medium size Onions
– Coriander Leaves
– Ginger (One inch)
– Garlic (8 to 10 Cloves)
– Turmeric Powder (1/4 Tsp)
– Salt (2 Tbsp )
– Sesame Seeds (2 Tbsp )
– Four Black Cardamom
– Fresh Coconut (2 Tbsp )
– Dry Coconut (2 Tbsp )
– Coriander Powder (1 Tbsp )
– Cumin Powder(1 Tbsp )
– 3 to 4 Black Pepper
– 3 to 4 Cinnamon Sticks
– 4 to 5 Cloves
– Poppy Seeds (1 Tbsp )
– Sesame Seeds (2 Tbsp )
– Ghee (2 Tbsp )
– Kolhapuri Masala (2 Tbsp )
Time for Kolhapuri Tambda Rassa:
– Wash the mutton pieces thoroughly with clean water.
– Take a bowl, mix turmeric powder along with salt & ginger-garlic paste and create a mixture.
– Mix the mutton pieces with this mixture
– Next step is to marinate the mutton and keep it aside for 60-70 minutes.
– Take a pan and heat the oil in it.
– Add the above mentioned quantity of Cinnamon Sticks, Garlic cloves, Black Peppers, Dry Coconut, Sesame Seeds, Onion cut lengthwise.
– Fry them until the onion turns light brown. Then put the fried mixture in the grinder
– Add a little water to the mixture before grinding to make a paste.
– Now Heat oil in a bigger pan.
– Put finely chopped bay leaves,cloves,cinnamon,pepper,poppy seeds,onion into the oil. Fry them until it turns light brown, And then add some tomatoes.
– Now add the marinated mutton pieces and salt
– Stir the mixture well, close the pan with a lid and add pour little water on the lid.
– Now when the water starts to boil, Close the lid and let it cook.
– After 10 minutes check the mutton, if it is half cooked add Kolhapuri Masala and the grinded mixture.
– Add 1 tablespoon Ghee.
– Cover the pan with lid allowing it to cook for around 30 minutes.
– Turn off the gas , cover dish tightly for 20 minutes.
– Garnish your dish with freshly chopped coriander.
– Your Kolhapuri Tambda Rassa is ready to be served with Bhakris or Chapatis (I would also recommend Dahi Kanda & Lemon Wedges to make the dish more enjoyable).
Bedekar Puneri Misal Pune : Bedekar’s is one the foremost Indian brands today and they own a charming eatery in Pune which is must try for every foodie. The Misal here is the yummiest in the town and I make sure I visit here as often as I can for the spicy and delicious food. I suggest everyone who visits Pune should try it.
Bhakarwadi Pune : I am actually crazy about food and love to taste anything new. When I tasted the Pune’s special snack, bhakarwai, I should say that I became a fan for that dish. That crispiness, the taste of sweet, salt and spice together was simply superb. I even asked the recipe for this dish and planned to try it back at home!